YOGA FOR DIVERSE POPULATIONS:
TEACHING TO EVERY BODY
More and more people with different interests and varying needs are being drawn to the practice of yoga. With increasingly diverse populations coming to the mat there is a demand for teachers who can teach out of the box and competently navigate a wide range of needs. People coming to the mat want to feel better on every level and it is our opportunity as teachers to include students that don’t fall within the “typical yoga body” shape and mindset.
In this module we will broaden the scope for teachers who want to develop skills and a comfort level teaching to diverse body types and niche populations.
In this module you will learn:
– To tap into your own unique qualities and life experiences as a way to relate and connect to your students
– How to prepare for teaching to a niche population
– How to confidently offer a variety of options for students with diverse shapes, sizes and abilities so they feel safe, challenged, understood, inspired and coming back for more
– To develop a specialty class to a niche of your interest
– Where your boundaries are as a yoga professional when answering questions and giving advice
– How to use trauma informed yoga and compassionate language
– To become more comfortable adding techniques like pranayama, mantra, guided meditation, mudras and more silent spaces into a class in order to lead a more personal & effective experience for the student
– How to use yoga therapeutics to thoroughly prep a class mentally, physically and energetically for your sequences
– How to expand to teaching for diverse populations outside the yoga studios and gyms
**These modules are open to any 200-hour graduate.
(Space may be limited based on full program participants.)
Lead Teachers: Megan Elliott & Chris Oemler
Required Outside Work:
Create a class for a niche population of your choosing & teach to a friend, family member or to a current niche class you are already teaching.
Dates & Times:
December 14-16, 2018
Saturday 9:00am-1:00pm & 2:00pm-5:00pm
Sunday 9:00am-1:00pm & 2:00pm-5:00pm
Flow Yoga Ashburn Studio
20937 Ashburn Road, Suite 240
Ashburn, VA 20147
Registration for 2018-2020 full program is closed
To Register for full program: Fill out an online application
To Register for A La Carte: Fill out an online application.
Program Cost $4,200
Early Bird Special Cost $3,900, you save $300. Special closes March 31, 2018
Flow 200 YTT graduates and current Flow teachers receive Evergreen Early Bird.
A La Carte Payment: $350
Please keep in mind space may be limited based on full program participants.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
There is a $150 non-refundable non-transferable processing fee included in your payment for the full program cost and a one time $25 non-refundable non-transferable processing fee for A La Carte participants. This fee helps us cover a variety of administrative costs such as processing your application and tracking your program progress for Yoga Alliance. The full cost or partial cost of the Program is non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.